Wednesday 16 October 2013

Thanksgiving Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes

 
This past summer, I made some mini mason jar cheese cakes for my sister's wedding shower. They were a big hit so I knew I would have to make them again. I used the same recipe, but switched up the toppings and served them for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. The jars made it perfect to send the extras home with everyone.
 

Click here for the link to recipe for the cheesecakes.
 
 
Here's what I did for the toppings: 
 
Caramel Pecan: oven toasted pecans and caramel sauce
Apple Cinnamon: apple pie filling mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar
Pumpkin: pureed pumpkin mixed with sweetened condensed milk topped with whipped cream
 
The pumpkin cheesecake was a little bit different because I baked the pumpkin right into the cheesecake. You start with the normal cheesecake mixture, but only half fill the jar. Next mix the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk and some more cheesecake batter and add this to the jar. then bake as usual. Unfortunately, I did not use exact measurements for this, I just sort of guessed and it turned out.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment