Friday 16 August 2013

Bridal Shower Decorations

On Sunday, I hosted my sister's bridal shower.  I had a lot of fun setting it all up and everything went really well. Here are a few pictures of what my house looked liked decorated for the shower. I made two banners that both said "bride to be". One was made out of mason jar lids painted with chalk board paint. The other banner was made out of burlap.
 

 
Here is a closer look at the mason jar lid banner.  I will probably re-use this for other parties since I can just erase the chalk and write whatever I want to. This banner is double sided. For each letter, I hot glued two lids together with two pieces of lace in between them . The lace allowed me to tie the lids to the piece of twine.
 
 
 
I also made a bunch of tissue paper poms. I love these because they are so bright and colourful and super easy/cheap to make. I made the second banner out of burlap. I hot glued each piece to a string of twine. I wrote each letter on with sharpie but found that you couldn't read it when the light from the window came through. I went over the sharpie with some black paint and that made it a lot more readable.
 
 




 

 





2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job. It was a good time to celebrate with Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorations from your bridal shower are wonderful. My family and friends hosted a bridal shower for me last week and it was a lovely event with fun activities. Now I’m eagerly waiting for my wedding, which will be in a few weeks at one of my favorite Chicago venues.

    ReplyDelete