Thursday 20 June 2013

Some Summer Decorating and My Peonies

I don't typically do a lot of summer decorating, but here is a little something that I put up in my front hallway (above the coat rack). 
 

Here are a few more shots:
 
 
 

The "C" is a wooden letter that I hot-glued some moss to and then attached to this frame using some brown ribbon. I like how simple and outdoorsy it looks.

 
The next couple of pictures are white peonies that I just picked from my garden. I have a small peony bush that grows in my backyard and always seems to bloom later than everyone else's. I am glad that they are finally here because they are my favourite flower. 




 


2 comments:

  1. I love peonies too. I have a question for you. My husband has a beautiful peony bush at his work and I was ondering if there's any way you could get a cutting off of it and replant it? Just curious and you seem to know a lot about everything so thought I would get your input on it. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I have never replanted peonies myself but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I think you split the plant at the roots after you have trimmed it back in the fall. I have heard it can take a couple of years for it to flower in its new home though. I found this website that gives you a pretty detailed description about how to transplant: http://peonysenvy.com/peonycare.html#transplant. I hope this is helpful. Happy gardening!

      Delete