Friday 12 April 2013

Sock Monkey Baby Shower Gift

 
A few weeks ago, my Aunt asked me to help her with a baby shower gift. We chose a cute sock monkey print flannel fabric and I used it to make a couple of blankets, burp cloths, a small tag blanket, and some matching pacifier holders.
Here are some pictures of each individual item. First the small tag blanket made out of flannel, silk and ribbon:
 
Here's the large double sided flannel blanket:


 
Here's the large double sided flannel/minky dot blanket:
 
 
Here is one of the burp cloths. I make these using flannel and scraps of towel.



 
 And here are the two pacifier holders that I made out of ribbon and suspender clips:


I had a lot of fun making these and I really loved this sock monkey fabric. 
 

2 comments:

  1. All of these are beautifully done! --The towel for the burp cloth is a fantastic idea!! Now only if I knew how to sew! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm no sewing expert, so I like making these because you just need to be able to sew a straight line.

    ReplyDelete