I showed a sneak peek earlier this week of a chair that I had made over. Here is exactly how I did it.
I started off with a chair that looked like this:
After inspecting the chair, I realized that if I removed some screws, the cushions would come off. This made it much easier to recover the cushions and to paint the wood frame. Here is what the frame of the chair looked like with no cushions:
Here is what the frame looked like after I painted it:
I recovered the cushions using fabric, a staple gun and some fabric glue.
After recovering the cushions, I used the old screws to reattach them to the chair frame. It was simple. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished project: