Saturday 20 October 2012

Burlap Wreath Tutorial


As promised, I'm here to explain how I made my burlap wreath.
Here's a picture of everything you need to make it. A glue gun, a wreath form, and some burlap cut into squares. I bought my burlap from a roll (almost like ribbon) at Len's Mill Store. I used about 6m of the roll which cost me only $2!

You start by sticking two corners of the square together with hot glue which ends up lokking like this. I did this for all of the squares before I started sticking them onto the wreath form.


Next, start attaching the rolled up burlap squares to your wreath form. The following picture shows when I had one and a half rows attached. I ended up doing three rows for this wreath. Basically, you just keep adding until you think it looks right.


And that's it! It's super easy to do and took no time at all. I just put it together while I was watching T.V. and was done everything in less than 2 hours. Here are some more pictures of the finished project.




9 comments:

  1. Love the wreath. How big were your squares and how big was the wreath form? Is there a "right side" to the form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly, the squares were 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. The wreath form was 1 foot in diameter. The wreath ended up being 18 inches in diameter after all of the burlap was added. I've made this wreath using different sized wreath forms before and they have all turned out great. I don't think it matters which side of the form you glue to. I've even used flat wood wreath forms as well. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is great. Thanks for sharing. I love the burp cloths too. I'm going to be a Mamaw again so I'm going to try my hand
    At some of the cute baby things. We have some old window frames also, need I say more?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok are you layering the burlap wraps ? And how are you attaching them to the wire wreath ? W hot glue and hot glue when you stack them ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you use form wreath form?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you attach them to the form? I've seen some where,they put one front and one back and staple them on, and some sew them on. Are yours glued? Do you add the next layers to the form or to the first layer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are they being attached to the wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It says in her write up that she uses hot glue for everything

    ReplyDelete