Monday 24 September 2012

Magnetic Board

I recently attached magnets to the back of scrabble letters and I was using them on my fridge. It's been a lot of fun to have an on going scrabble game, but I prefer the look of a completely clear fridge. I decided to make a separate board to hang on the wall in the kitchen so we can continue our scrabble games and my fridge stays clear. Here's what it looks like...


 
I used spray adhesive to attach fabric (the same fabric I am using to make roman blinds for the kitchen) to a flat baking sheet. The baking sheet already had a hole centered in the top of it which worked perfectly to put the ribbon through for hanging.  


The following picture shows what I used for the project (other than the ribbon).


  • fabric cut larger than the baking sheet so it would wrap around nicely
  • spray adhesive
  • flat baking sheet
  • sand paper
This was a non-stick baking sheet so I used sandpaper to rough it up a bit so that the spray adhesive would stick well. This project literally took only 5 minutes. I think it will be perfect for our kitchen.




No comments:

Post a Comment