Thursday 13 September 2012

Front Entryway


As promised, I'm going to start showing you some projects that I have already finished in my home. I'll start with the front entryway. I couldn't find a "before" picture but the walls were a peach colour and the stairs were covered in a dark green carpet. We removed the carpet, scraped of the glue, then sanded and stained the stairs dark walnut. We painted the risers the same colour that we are painting the trim throughout the house ( Behr W-D-710 Creamy White). We painted the walls a dark grey (CIL Dulux 30YY 22/059 Grey Tweed). I'm really happy with how it turned out.


To fill the wall space going up the stairs, I decided to do a gallery wall of black and white family photos. I found all of the picture frames at the dollar store and spray painted them all the same colour.



To the left of the stairway we have a small area that leads to the door to my craft room. Since we don't have a front hall closet, I added a shelf with hooks for hanging coats. Underneath this there is a bench that opens for storage. I added a mirror and wreath to the craft room door. It's the first thing you see when you open the front door and eventually I'd like to change it to a nicer door. I also made a welcome sign to fill the space above the door. I am currently playing around with some fall decorations to put on top of the coat shelf (I'm not really happy with what's up there right now). I'll post pictures of what I end up doing there. Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment