Here's another project that I have recently finished. It used to be a mirror and the wood frame was painted grey with stenciled flowers on it. I took the mirror off the back and sanded almost all of the grey paint off. I stained the wood dark walnut. The little bit of grey paint left after sanding didn't absorb the stain as well as the wood did which gave it sort of a weathered look. I stapled some chicken wire to the back and now it's the perfect picture board for my kitchen (which is a work in progress that I will show soon).
I used these mini clothespins to hang the pictures. I got them for less than $2 at Len's Mill Store. I plan on using them for a Christmas project that I'm working on right now.